Coordinator, Academy Operations
Ohio, United States of America (USA)
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Coordinator, Academy Operations|
|Location||Ohio, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Events & Operations — Event Management|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Saturday, 20th March 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Manage and execute all elements of Academy Team Operations logistics and travel. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assist in planning & execution of all academy team travel Assist in all team annual scheduling – training, games, competition, etc.
- Manage and execute all elements of Academy Team Compliance and Administration.
- This includes but is not limited to: All team roster administration management, online administrative platforms, and team communication/contract strategy
- All academy team league administration management – rosters, games, fees, registration, online compliance, and archival of documents
- Organising the reporting of all academy team and staff finances and expenses.
- Working with the VP, Soccer Administration to create the necessary budgetary framework for the operations of the Academy.
- Working with the Academy Director / D.O.C and VP, Soccer Administration & Operations on all aspects of Academy staff management
- Manage and execute all elements of Academy Supplemental Programming.
- This includes but is not limited to: Coordination of administration of Academy Billeting & Transportation Programs
- Coordination of Academy Events Program: Including but not limited to, Orientation events, Team Signing Events, Academy Achievement events, Health & Wellness Week, etc.
- Manage and execute all necessary administrative support to soccer operations departments objectives that require an Academy lens – management, scouting, performance, operations.
- Ensuring that you are guiding and bringing together the appropriate people to achieve the objectives in these areas
- Maintain cooperative relationships with local and regional soccer leaders, e.g. contacts from other clubs and competitions
- Manage all necessary aspects of training facilities: booking, registration, communication, etc. ensuring Academy Teams have an adequate environment to train New Training Facility
- Manage and coordinate some elements of Ohio Health Performance Centre daily operations under the guidance of the Admin & Ops Team.
- This includes but is not limited to: Field & Meal Scheduling and Building Updates Security Scheduling & Processes for Academy (log books, locker assignments, etc.)
- Provide Academy support to Affiliation & Partnership programs as needed by those individual threads of business
- Provide support to business managers as required and attached to objectives tied to the Academy – marketing, sales, game operations, etc.
- Be an ambassador of the Crew leadership team and philosophy within the Academy space, ensuring an implementation of club culture.
- Respond to public and internal inquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist with day-to-day administration including database management, compliance, correspondences, mailings, and inquiries.
- This space includes being a leader on the implementation of the new club database tool – Sports Office.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and business plan development of the Academy.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times, maintain confidentiality, take pride in the organisation, its people and the role
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested
- Sport Management or Bachelor's degree or higher preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Work experience in related field of 3-5 years preferred
- Fluency in multiple languages would be considered an asset
Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Zoom
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality, Proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively.
- Proven to perform well under pressure, manage multiple priorities simultaneously within a highly dynamic environment
- Accepting direction while also displaying a high level of initiative
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Comfortable and capable in meeting deadlines
- On call availability and flexibility and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays with ability to travel when necessary
- A positive, winning attitude, incorporating integrity and discretion
- CPD and AED Certification preferred
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Columbus Crew is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.