Lecturer in Football Coaching
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lecturer in Football Coaching|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Education & Community — Charity|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The successful candidate will have an Undergraduate degree and Masters degree in a related discipline and a UEFA B licence. They will have teaching experience in a UK HEI as well as coaching experience at Youth Development phase and/ or Foundation phase level.
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes.
- Preparation and delivery of modules-lectures and seminar materials at various levels.
- Challenge thinking and foster debate to develop the ability for students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking, stimulating excellence.
- Identify learning needs of students - including student projects, field trips, and where appropriate, placement - and provide advice on study skills.
- Supervise the work of students - including student project, field trips, and where appropriate, placement - and provide advice on study skills.
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students.
- Marking, assessing and internal verification of students work
- Engage in continuous professional development
- Develop familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning
- Have in-depth understanding of own specialism to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field
- Balance the pressures of teaching, personal research and administrative demands and competing deadlines.
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Act as a responsible team member and develop productive working relationships with other members of staff.
- Participate in and develop external networks that promote UCFB and contribute to and build relationships for future activities.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the development and implementation of assessment procedures.
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified areaAct as personal tutor, providing first line support
- Refer students to appropriate services providing future help (student services).
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
- Complete module review and evaluation
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
- Participate in research and personal professional development
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
UCFB Wembley is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.