First Team Manager
Lewes, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||First Team Manager|
|Location||Lewes, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Lewes FC prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and we encourage and welcome applications from all candidates including those from under-represented backgrounds such as women, people with disabilities, BAME and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Given the low levels of diversity in football, we understand that candidates from under-represented backgrounds are unlikely to have been given adequate opportunity in the game. Consequently, we will ensure that the application process does not unduly favour candidates with such experience over applicants without it.
Relatedly, the club will actively work to support the successful candidate in filling any gaps in their knowledge of, and networks within, non-league men's football. We have directors and staff with deep backgrounds and expertise in men's non-league who can work alongside the manager to the extent required.
Lewes FC men's team is at a pivotal juncture in its recent history and will be actively seeking promotion in the 2021/22 season and has the necessary resources, facilities, and infrastructure in place to achieve that.
Applicants will have:
- A minimum UEFA 'B' Licence or equivalent and be actively registered and studying for a UEFA 'A' Licence, together with evidence of continuing professional development over the last five years.
- Ambition: a demonstrable hunger and drive for success. A forward-thinking manager in all aspects of football performance with a developed sense of the importance of marginal gains.
- The ability to create a long-term footballing strategy for the men's first team, contribute to the ambitions and deliverables for the men's pathway, and to translate this into on-field performance, influencing game outcome positively through tactical knowledge and value-adding decision making.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- The ability to manage within an agreed budget and to work with the board on financial matters related to the men's first team.
- A good understanding of the use of data analytics to improve performance.
- An appreciation of Lewes FC's goals and values.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Lewes FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.