Head of Academy Scouting
Houston, United States of America (USA)
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Academy Scouting|
|Location||Houston, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 16th May 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
- Develop a comprehensive scouting network nationally, regionally to help identify young players with talent and developable characteristics to play at the highest levels.
- Continue to solidify and manage the network of Houston based scouts already in the Dynamo system and develop a working relationship with them.
- Have a deep understanding of the US soccer landscape, MLS, USL, Academy and college soccer.
- The candidate would be responsible for leading the identification process and reporting from selective areas/competitions using all available tools and resources including the use of data and statistics when available.
Some of the key areas/ leagues include:
- MLS U23 LeagueMLS Next U15-U19s
- Greater Houston Area Youth Leagues/ Houston Dynamo Catalyst program
- Houston Dynamo homegrown territory's youth leagues. USL League 1& 2NCAAUSL Championship
- Create and maintain depth charts for the MLS Next teams of the different corresponding age groups as best as possible.
- Create depth charts and reports for all national team camp's players of the different ages (U15-U20) with particular emphasis on players from our homegrown territory and green (unaffiliated) territories.
- To produce content and lead scouting meetings with the Head of Recruitment and Academy staff and to share scouting updates of all activity and targeted players.
- The content created will entail working with the Academy video analyst to produce Houston Dynamo player profiles and reports created by the Head of Recruitment.
- To maintain a working knowledge of all players who have previously been signed/ registered with the Academy.
- To maintain and submit accurate and detailed records of all matches attended and players scouted. Help manage and oversee the Academy homestay program and the corresponding communication with players' parents/guardians.
- To attend Academy training and team matches to maintain a knowledge of the standards of players required to improve the Academy playing squads.
- Attend live fixtures and complete video assessments using own initiative and at the request of the Director of recruitment.
- To assist in 1st team related Recruitment tasks on request.
- To organise and execute player ID camps days on a seasonal basis, designed to involve significant numbers of young player invitees and to ensure all clubs and schools within their local area aware of and submit recommendations for them.
- To ensure the necessary forms have been completed and information collated on all potential player recruits in order that they can be registered correctly and in a timely manner.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Head of Recruitment
- Academy Director
- Academy Coaching Staff
- Demonstrable proven experience (ideally at least 2 years) working within a professional football recruitment department specialising in ages 15-23 within the US.
- Proficient in the use of football recruitment video platforms and data resources
- Good IT Skills Good contacts / network within football with agents, club representatives.
- Growth mindset (ability to retroactively develop scouting/ analysis skills and knowledge) Ideally proficient in English and Spanish
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Houston Dynamo is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.