Swim Development Coach
My Sports Academy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Swim Development Coach|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Asia|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Monday, 31st May 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Start date: 1st September 2021
We are seeking a dynamic, intrinsically motivated individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have a proactive attitude and a hunger to strive for excellence in everything they do. If successful, you will be required to relocate to the UAE for a 1st September 2021 start date.
My Sports Academy is an award-winning sports coaching and education provider focused on quality over quantity and is committed to delivering excellence. We are athlete centred and focus on four core sports - My Swim Club, My Football Club, My Tri Club and My Netball Club offering programmes for all ages, abilities and personal objectives.
For more information, please visit mysportsacademydubai.com or our social media platforms. Our core values underpin everything we do from our company culture, to our customer service, to our development philosophies.
My Swim Club - Learn to Swim
My Swim Club provides a complete foundation, learn to swim and development programme through to our club level squad programme. Our syllabus is conducted in a fun, safe and caring environment, which takes members through our star system beginning from basic water safety and independence in the pool, to all four strokes and competitive swimming.
My Swim Club - Squads
MSC Dubai is a fully integrated performance section of our swim programme. The name purposely offers swimmers a sense of ownership of their club aligning with our athlete centred, development focussed philosophy. However, make no mistake of it the aspiration is to compete at the very top level of swimming here in the GCC and beyond. MSC has its own training schedule separate from our Learn to Swim and Development programmes, including a comprehensive calendar of competitions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the safety, well-being and happiness of all participants within My Sports Academy activities at all times.Plan accordingly and implement a well-structured, innovative and progressive teaching programme within our LTS levels ensuring a high quality and professional set-up centred on the development needs of each individual participant and the My Sports Academy coaching philosophy.
- Ensure that training sessions are skill level and developmentally appropriate.
- Exhibit high level expertise on technique development and trainingProvide regular and appropriate information and reporting to Heads of Department on a regular basis.
- Act in a leadership/mentoring role to foster young swimmer growth and development.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and strengthen the sense of community among our young swimmers.
- Be a positive role model at all times, creating a positive and inclusive teaching environment and a development culture centred on 'learning through fun'.
- Provide regular individual technical feedback to all swimmers in a variety of mediums.Be able to Individualise training within a group environment.
- Prepare sessions in advance taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers.
- Foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers with the goal of retaining swimmers to continue to build or maintain the programme numbers.
- Follow all policies and codes as required by the My Sports Academy and demonstrate professional and upstanding behaviours consistent with global governing body codes of ethics.
- Complete office based and external tasks as requested, providing administrative support to an appropriate line manager and meeting stated deadlines.
- Tasks will include but are not restricted to; lesson plans, recording attendance, supporting syllabus production/reviews, sales and marketing tasks, dealing with customer enquiries, equipment management and communicating with swimmers and parents.
- Provide exceptional, friendly and human customer service at all times.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all partners ensuring exemplary representation of My Sports Academy.
- Be proactive in the promotion of all My Sports Academy activities within each venue, building relationships with children, parents and teachers alike and developing our business portfolio.
- Work in conjunction with all staff members to ensure a cohesive and happy team environment throughout the company.
- Encourage team participation.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to internal and external communications.
- Attend meetings, staff training, and events both internal and external as/when required.
- Be prepared to work hard, leave your comfort zone and try new things that can help our athletes and staff to improve and reach new levels.
- Show a willingness to think outside the box and be creative.Show an ability to see the bigger picture.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum two years teaching experience
- Vibrant, dynamic personality with a can-do, proactive attitude
- A love and passion for swimming and working with young people.
- An understanding of how to differentiate and tailor teaching sessions to both individual and collective development needs.
- A practical and theoretical understanding of LTAD and how to achieve it.
- Ability to work towards set, short and long-term targets.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to adapt to new environments.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative and plan and manage workload.
- Minimum Level 2 in Teaching Aquatics (recognised body ASA/Swim England preferred)
- NPLQ or NRASTC certificate.
- First Aid qualified.
- Safeguarding trained.
- Clean DBS/Home Country Police Check
- Fluent English spoken and written level.
- Proficient with Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and google docs
- Possession of own laptop with up-to-date full Microsoft office - word, excel, powerpoint, outlook.
- Full driving license.
- Relevant degree (preferred).
- Significant experience of teaching/coaching swimming; establishing, delivering and co-ordinating coaching programmes for young people.
- Relevant degree or experience
- Experience of and passion for Learn to Swim-Performance
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the short, middle and long-term impact of lessons/programmes.
- Experience of teaching in a wide range of environments including schools, clubs and community settings.
- Experience of developing school and community links.
- Experience of working with 3-16-year-olds.
- Ability to coach, teach and learn.
- Sales experience and confidence talking to customers.
- Experience of coaching squad swimming.
- Experience of working towards performance targets.
- A sporting background
- ASA Minimum Level 2 in Teaching Aquatics and/or Coaching Swimming.
- Knowledge of relevant governing body programmes, policies and practices.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of sports development, including club and coach development.
- Knowledge of LTAD and how to achieve it.
- First aid qualified
- Safeguarding trained
- A passion for technique and perfection of the finer details. A quality over volume programme.
- Full driving license and ability to travel independently.
- Clean DBS / Home Country police certificate
- Current Level 1 or Level 2 qualifications in additional sports.
- Experience of coaching swimmers with disabilities and/or learning difficulties.
- Experience of adapting to life and work in a new country, preferably sports based work
Key skills and abilities
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative sessions delivered with a varied but predominantly athlete-centred approach.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport.
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and swim levels.
- Ability to fit into an existing coaching structure and work harmoniously within the team. A driven and focused individual who is equally adept within a team setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- An ability to be reflective.
- Good level of ICT literacy
- Intrinsically motivated
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to recognise opportunities for new business development.
How to Apply
If you are motivated by this position and wish to apply, please:
1. Send your CV and a covering letter to the email address shown below.
2. Include separately a video, minimum 10 minutes with audio (must be audible) of you teaching a learn to swim level swimming lesson with an accompanying progressive session plan. IMPORTANT! Appropriate permissions must be sought from participant parents prior to filming. The video will only be used in reference to this position and will not be shared.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to contact all applicants provided you submit all of the above and meet the minimum requirements for the position. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited onto our interview process.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
My Sports Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.