Lead Triathlon Coach
My Sports Academy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lead Triathlon Coach|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Asia|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Monday, 31st May 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Start Date 1st September 2021
We are seeking a dynamic, intrinsically motivated individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have a proactive attitude and a hunger to strive for excellence in everything they do. If successful, you will be required to relocate to the UAE for a 1st September 2021 start date.
My Sports Academy is an award-winning sports coaching and education provider focused on quality over quantity and is committed to delivering excellence. We are athlete centred and focus on four core sports - My Tri Club, My Swim Club, My Football Club and My Netball Club offering programmes for all ages, abilities and objectives.
For more information, please visit mysportsacademydubai.com, mytriclubdubai.com or our social media platforms. Our core values underpin everything we do from our company culture to our customer service, to our development philosophies.
Overall Role Purpose
- To develop athletes to become medallists at major Games and Championships.
- To develop junior athletes to MTC Elite Level.
- To lead the delivery of the MTC adult and performance programmes.
- To lead on the skills, training loads and behaviours in line with the MTC Athlete Development Framework.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Management and Leadership:
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the overall training, technical development and competition plans for all MTC Performance Programmes.
- Provide technical and training development expertise to the coaches and athletes in terms of their individual training and competition programmes.
- Provide strategic and technical expertise to the coaches and athletes in the planning and periodisation of the MTC training and competition programmes.
- Develop MTC as the club of choice for junior and adult athletes.
- Prepare annual goals and plans for the physiological, technical, mental, tactical and strategic development of the athletes for training and competitions in line with the MTC Performance plan.
- Work with coaches to provide long term and short-term performance targets for Performance and Development Squad Athletes.
- Ensure high quality training records are kept through a training diary (Training Peaks) of all training components; use this to feedback in review meetings.
- Facilitate sharing of technical and coaching knowledge and expertise with all athletes and coaches.
- Provide advice to the Head of Triathlon with regards to the needs/requirements of support services from external parties.
- Develop links with organisations/sponsors who can add value to the programme.
- Mentor and support the MTC Development Coaches.
- Plan and deliver a well-structured and engaging coaching programme for MTC.
- Agree individual goals and objectives for training and competition with athletes.
- Support athletes through 1 to 1 meetings to identify and take action in order to achieve the agreed performance goals and objectives.
- Provide feedback on a regular basis to athletes during sessions and on Training Peaks to monitor and support progress.
- In conjunction with Head of Triathlon, agree and plan MTC training camps and races - lead, manage and coach where appropriate.
- Deliver across wider MSA programmes as required.
- Maintain regular communication between coaches to ensure continuity, consistency and performance needs are delivered to all athletes.
- Communicate logistical plans to all parties for camps and races.
- Use highly effective written and verbal skills to communicate with all parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Work closely with the MSA Social Media Manager to create content and promote/market MTC/MSA.
Budget and Financial:
- Monitor and track session bookings and payments.
- Inform parents when athletes coaching fees have expired.
- Provide financial reports to the Head of Triathlon and Managing Director when requested.
- Ensure that MTC parents and athletes are aware of their financial contributions to races / camps.
General / Administrative:
- Contribute to the MSA organisation as a whole.
- Attend the MSA Leadership meetings, prepare and provide reports as requested.
- Help promote, develop and maintain a successful image and profile of MTC and MSA.
- Contribute, where appropriate, to the overall MSA objectives and targets.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of MTC/MSA as required.
- Adhere to MSA policies, including but not limited to Health and safety & safeguarding.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five years triathlon coaching experience
- Knowledge and experience of utilising training peaks software
- Vibrant, dynamic personality with a can-do, proactive attitude
- Hunger, drive and an eye for detail
- A love and passion for sports coaching, working with young people and being a role model.
- An understanding of how to differentiate and tailor teaching sessions to both individual and collective development needs.
- A practical and theoretical understanding of LTAD and how to achieve it.
- Ability to work towards set, short and long-term targets.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to adapt to new environments.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative and plan and manage workload.
- An active triathlete (preferred)
- Minimum Level 2 triathlon qualification (recognised body)
- Minimum Level 1 in Teaching Aquatics (recognised body ASA/Swim England preferred)
- A recognised coaching qualification in one of MSA's additional core sports; netball or football
- First Aid qualified.
- Safeguarding trained.
- Clean DBS/Home Country Police Check
- Fluent English spoken and written level.
- Proficient with Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and google docs
- Possession of own laptop with up-to-date full Microsoft office - word, excel, powerpoint, outlook.
- Full driving license.
- Relevant degree (preferred).
How to Apply
If you are motivated by this position and wish to apply, please:
1. Send your CV and a covering letter to the email address shown below.
2. Include separately a video, minimum 15 minutes with audio (must be audible) of you coaching a triathlon session with an accompanying progressive session plan and six-week training cycle for an ability group of your choosing. IMPORTANT! Appropriate permissions must be sought from participant parents prior to filming. The video will only be used in reference to this position and will not be shared.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to contact all applicants, provided you submit all of the above and meet the minimum requirements for the position. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited onto our interview process.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
My Sports Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.