Professional Development Phase Coach
Charlton Athletic FC
London, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Professional Development Phase Coach|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Friday, 30th July 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
- Assist with the management of the U23 team on matchday.
- Have a main role to deliver in the Coaching Programme for the Under 23 squad, but also to coach in the Under 18 programme.
- Assist the Professional Development Phase Lead Coaches at U23 and Under 18 with learning objectives and individual development plans.
- Liaise closely with the Under 18 Lead Coach and Academy Manager on identifying and transitioning players that are in the scholarship programme and involved in training / game experience with the Under 23 team.
- To play an active role in the player review process at Under 23 level Responsibility for recording session plans and player evaluation across the Professional Development Phase programme Attendance at all PDP multi-disciplinary meetings.
- A commitment to be fully involved in the Self-Assessment and ongoing coach observations of the Coach Competency Framework, as directed by the Head of Coaching.
- Consequently to follow a Individual Coach Development Plan as agreed with the HOC.
- Attendance as required at Academy CPD events.
- To include as appropriate, actively leading on presentations in relation to Coaching / Playing Philosophy and Player Development.
Qualifications: (or internationally recognised equivalent)
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Modules 1, 2 and 3
- FA Advanced Youth Award ( preferable ) or working towards.
- Proven experience of coaching in the Academy Development Programme Experience of working within the EPPP framework.
Desirable Personal Skills:
- Excellent communication and personal skills Self-motivated, confident, with a work ethic that indicates the ' above and beyond attitude '
- A personable individual who relates to players and staff and seen as approachable and helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst being able to prioritise and manage own workload.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Charlton Athletic FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.