First Team Match Analyst
Burton-upon-Trent, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||First Team Match Analyst|
|Location||Burton-upon-Trent, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present detailed and informed analysis of forthcoming opposition to coaches, according to the manager and coaching staff's requirements.
- Produce a variety of resources specific to forthcoming opposition, to be delivered and available to the first team playing squad, on a game-by- game basis.
- In conjunction with the first team coaching staff, produce post-match feedback on an individual and team level and facilitate the review of each game across video and statistical platforms.
- Provide, and allow coaching and medical staff to conduct live, in-game and immediate post-match tactical analysis with the use of video and data (where required) on a matchday.
- Continually update knowledge of best practice within performance analysis and be pro-active in the search and critique of new technology, innovations and processes to enhance current practice.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Video capture and coding, both live and pre/post-match.
- Video editing and telestration.
- Organisation and archiving of data/video.
- Clear & innovative presentation skills.
- Data collection, analysis & visualisation.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present information clearly (verbally & visually), and to develop close working relationships with existing staff members.
- Driven to keep knowledge and methods up-to-date.
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Communication with players and coaches.
- Good time management & organisational skills, and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Safeguarding certificate
- Full driving licence
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- BSc in Performance Analysis, Sport Science, or other related subjects.
- Higher academic qualifications (e.g. MSc) desirable.
- Significant experience of pre- and post-match analysis in professional sport environment.
- Experience of providing live match analysis support in a stadium environment.
- Experience with a variety of video capture, coding, telestration and presentation software, particularly SportsCode, Paint/Piero, SBG MatchTracker & Focus.
- Demonstrably high level of tactical knowledge
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Burton Albion is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.