First Team Scout (Scotland and North East England Location)
Birmingham City FC
Various, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||First Team Scout (Scotland and North East England Location)|
|Location||Various, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Scouting|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
- Work within the 1st Team recruitment team to effectively meet the aims and objectives of the Club Recruitment Strategy.
- Actively recruit live and by video across the professional game in line with the recruitment strategy, succession plan and target profiles.
- Create a network of club, scouting, Academy and intermediary contacts to support the scouting process and to allow the opportunity to gain intelligence quickly.
- In liaison with the team demonstrate the ability to organise and coordinate a working schedule.
- Ensure that scouting databases are kept up to date and relevant. Provide monthly updates within a recruitment meeting schedule.
- Compile and collate reports using a bespoke match and player reporting process to support the talent identification process.
- Contribute to player audits and succession planning through analysis and evaluation of players within the talent pathway.
- Carry out extensive background checks on players that have been identified as potential transfer targets based on the guidelines and requirements set by the Recruitment Team.
- Effectively utilise data as part of the scouting and recruitment process and use it to support a business / sporting case for player signings. Delivery of player entry and exit policy.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support other departments at the club.
- Provide a comprehensive development programme for staff within the Academy and Senior recruitment departments.
- To be aware of the FIFA/UEFA/PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to all age groups.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department within the scope of the role.
- Communicate and promote the Club culture creating an elite environment for players and staff.
- Have consistently high standards. Communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders representing the Club in a professional manner.Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage with an appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- A good standard of education (e.g. GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English).
- Administration, Secretarial and/or IT software qualifications or relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of the Professional Football pyramid.
- Competent user of Wyscout, Instat, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret data and relate it to current projects.Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
- High level I.T. and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
- Previous experience in scouting senior players within an elite environment.
- Resilient and authoritative
- Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Birmingham City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.