Academy Goalkeeping Coach
St Mirren FC
Paisley, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Goalkeeping Coach|
|Location||Paisley, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Training sessions will take place at St Mirren Academy Training Centre in Ralston for U13 - 18s, Younger age groups will conduct most of their sessions at other venues in the Paisley area (S.T.C). Home match venue will be Academy training centre.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous coaching experience in professional youth development, particularly within a CAS Elite Academy.
- Has the capabilities to design, deliver, and reflect on coaching sessions for all age levels within the Academy.
- Has the versatility to adapt and change coaching sessions to suit a change in player training numbers.
- Utilises modern teaching/coaching methods to assist in the development and progression of the players.
- Complete & submit administrative tasks within the time frames set by Academy management.
- Will work on their own or in combination with lead goalkeeping coach.
- Responsible for laying out and putting away all training equipment required during training sessions & matches.
- Responsible for leaving pitch area and changing facilities clean and tidy after every session and match.
- Responsible for goal setting and providing feedback to player and parents through review meetings and the players development plans. Supported by head of phase.
- Provides feedback and information to academy management that contributes the release or resigning of players.
- Proficient in the use of modern technology to assist the following: Liaise with players and parents through zoom, skype etc, deliver match day analysis and feedback to players through an analysis tool. Have a knowledge of sharing platforms i.e. google classrooms, Microsoft teams.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the Academy
strategies, curriculum, and goalkeeping technical plan. This includes the proposal of ideas to implement change and improve all areas both on and off the pitch.
- Work closely with the Sports Science & Medicine and Education & Welfare Department to ensure that a players technical and physical development and wellbeing are given equal accord in the holistic development of the player.
- Be a role model and promote the club/academy, promote good practice through professionalism and respect towards players and staff of both our academy and opposition.
- Adhere to the Academy's Code of Conduct for coaches and all other applicable Club policies, including Health & Safety, Child Protection and Social Media, at all times, ensure the players are aware of what is expected of them at all times.
- Be adaptable to change, working with different squads when required.
- Qualified, minimally, to UEFA B Goalkeeping Licence standard.
Contract - Yearly
Hours - 8 per week with an opportunity to increase.
Approx. 4 hours GK coaching per week, delivering sessions over 2 nights
Approx. 4 hours to observe/take warm up of goalkeeper/ 1 matchday each week - either a Saturday or Sunday (rotation of the squads)
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
St Mirren FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.