Head of Coaching
Walsall, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Coaching|
|Location||Walsall, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Thursday, 30th September 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Walsall FC is a nationally respected Category 3 Academy and this is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of this prestigious coaching organisation as the Academy's Head of Coaching.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Academy's coaching function and will contribute to several management groups.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To establish a sustainable system and approach for the development of all coaching staff across the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development phases.
- Design and manage the delivery of the in-service CPD coach education programme for all age group coaches.
- Provide a clear, up-to-date Training needs analysis (TNA) of every individual coach's current and required level of performance.
- Ensure every coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that is tailored to meet their individual needs.
- Develop and implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and evaluate coaches in order to develop DAPs.
- Provide 1:1 coaching, analysis and feedback to coaches in order to further develop the coach's skill set
- Establish and maintain standard practices and procedures for safe and effective coaching, playing and operation for all Academy squads
- To comply with and ensure the compliance of coaching and other Academy staff to Walsall FC'S Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To work within and uphold all the Academies policies and best practice guidelines, including; Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Recruitment, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Codes of Conduct.
- To attend and play an active role in regular Academy Management staff meetings, reporting on all matters relating to the role of Head of Coaching.
- To maintain appropriate levels of personal CPD as outlined within the EFL Youth Development Rules and as required to retain FA Licensed coach status.
- To ensure that all that all relevant PMA administration is kept up to date for all coaches across the Academy.
- To contribute, adapt and help evolve the current coaching syllabus in co-ordination with the Academy Manager in order to aid the progression of the Academy.
- To be prepared to do any other duties to further the development of the Club and Academy as and when required.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Previous experience of working within the football or related industry
- Coaching Education experience
- Youth Coaching experience
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Enhanced DBS Check
- EFAiF (Formerly known as BFAS)
- FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA 'A' or UEFA 'B' Licence.
Salary: Competitive salary based on relevant experience.
To apply for the position please complete the Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Walsall FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.