Senior Development Coach
Norwich City FC
Norwich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Senior Development Coach|
|Location||Norwich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The Senior Development Coach is a new and exciting role within the Academy structure at Norwich City Football Club. Working alongside the Head of Football Development, the Senior Development Coach will contribute to the development of players and coaches across the U15 - U23 age groups.
The role will be very practical in nature and requires an experienced individual who is comfortable 'on the grass' contributing to the delivery of high-quality coaching and supporting the current coaching structure. This role also requires an enthusiasm to be working with and improving players across various age groups.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in Youth Development and First Team coaching, with experience of operating within a senior football management environment and be comfortable at directorship level.
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to connect and build rapport with players and staff
- Buy into the Club culture and vision.
- A desire to improve others and show humility
- Positive role model and will consistently demonstrate the club behaviours
- Willing to take direction, fit in to a wider plan and follow Club coaching and playing philosophies
- High level development coach with ability to deliver challenging and engaging sessions consistently
- Ability to analyse and review performance of young players, supporting them with their individual development
- Can draw on experience to challenge thinking and bring new ideas
- Development mindset with ability to work across age groups
- UEFA A Licence (essential)
- FA Advanced Youth Award (essential)
- FA Safeguarding Workshop qualification (essential)
- EFAiF Level 2 First Aid Qualification (essential)
- Experience of working in Academy Football (essential)
- Experience as an Academy Manager/Head of Coaching/First Team Football or similar (essential)
- UEFA Pro Licence (desirable)
- BSC Hons (desirable)
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Norwich City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.