Birmingham City FC
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Coach|
|Location||Birmingham, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, 29th September 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attendance at all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the designated group as per the APP.
- Lead and/or Assist on coaching within training and games for the designated group.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
- To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan. Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players.
- Ensure each player within the group has an active ILG.
- Ensure the review process is operated for each player every mesocycle as set out in the APP.
- Monitor and record training/fixture content, objectives, evaluations, time and attendance on the PMA.
- Monitor and evaluation of all players with the age group for succession planning process.
- Oversee the trialist's providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing / exit policy.
- Ensure appropriate communication of future activities and/or changes (times/dates).
- Liaison with all departments to enhance a multi-disciplinary process.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the role as and when required.
- To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards. (kit, bibs, balls, cones and all).
- FA Level 3 Coaching (Uefa B)
- FA Youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Children
- FA level 2 Emergency Aid in Football
- FA Advanced Youth Award
Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate.
- Personal Organisation.
- High levels of confidentiality.
- Highly organised.
- Work with minimal supervision.Use initiative.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Birmingham City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.