CrossFit / Fitness Coach
Evolution Sports Qatar
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||CrossFit / Fitness Coach|
|Location||Doha, Qatar, Asia|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, 13th October 2021 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
EVOLUTION SPORTS QATAR - CrossFit/FITNESS COACH (EVO ACTIVE)
Evolution Sports is an award-winning multi-sports academy within Doha College that offers coaching in a wide range of sports and fitness including soccer, swimming, basketball, netball, and CrossFit to children from 18 months through to adults. Evolution Sports began in 2007 and has evolved as Qatar's largest multi-sports coaching provider, playing an integral part in the development of a new era of sport and health culture in Qatar.
Doha College is a high profile leading British International School, for children aged 3-18, offering a well-balanced, all-embracing curriculum that follows the UK National Curriculum. We are also the first High Performance Learning accredited school in the world.
We are a multi-cultural organisation that embraces diversity and provides a friendly and informal work environment.
We are now looking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join Evolution Sports as an Academy Coach for the Evo Active Fitness Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing fitness coaching sessions including CrossFit within the Evo Active fitness programme and ensuring that the Academy's coaching philosophy, vision and values are incorporated into the day-to-day sessions.
You will also provide group fitness instruction, monitor, and educate members on fitness and safety, and maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Since 2020 we have been based at the new state of the art Doha College Al Wajba facility, where we enjoy some of the country's best sports facilities.
The facility includes a full size 11-aside football field, several sports halls, outdoor training courts, 2 indoor swimming pools, gyms and fitness studios and a sports café.
The ideal candidate should have some experience of working within the fitness industry and supporting adults and children during fitness and CrossFit classes. Experience of working in a similar role would be seen as a distinct advantage.
We will expect you to be a highly motivated and successful practitioner, who is willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the academy and college. This is a tremendous opportunity for an exceptional practitioner to join the academy and to further develop their career.
A high standard of written and spoken English is an essential requirement for all our position.
A combination of old-world hospitality and cosmopolitan sophistication mean that Qatar is a country like no other and its capital Doha is a city that has something for everyone.
Performances, museums and galleries make for a captivating cultural scene; city hotspots such as the busy markets and the waterfront promenade are a great way to spend a day; there is a lively night-life that means that there is plenty to do when the sun goes down; the Pearl Qatar offers luxury and elegance; there are some breath-taking areas of natural beauty and lovers of sport and adventure can enjoy numerous clubs and activities and the arrival of the FIFA World Cup in 2022.
Whether you will be looking to move with your family or to come on your own, you are guaranteed a warm welcome.
- Our staff receive a generous tax-free salary, a monthly accommodation allowance and an annual flight allowance.
- Please note: Due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old for this position.
Primary Objective of the Role
- To be responsible for all fitness coaching sessions within the Evo Active Fitness programme which fall in line with the Coaching philosophy, vision, and values of the Academy.
- To provide group fitness instruction, monitor and educate members on fitness and safety, and maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- To be able to deliver a high level of CrossFit coaching programme to a broad age range and ability levels.
- To support with the provision of open gym and personal training programmes for members of the Doha College and wider community.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of members
- Incorporate the academies vision, mission, and core valuesinto normal working practice.
- Be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all members.
- Follow the reporting procedure contained in the Child Protection Policy with regards to raising concerns about the welfare of any member.
- Act in accordance, at all times, within the school's policies and procedures, including but not limited to, the Standards of Conduct Policy, Health, Safety, Security and Environment Policy and Human Resource Policy Manual.
- Fitness Head of Coaching
- Swimming Head of Coaching
- Fitness Coaches
- Swimming Coaches
- Sporting Director
- Evo Academy Manager
- Heads of Coaching
- Doha College PE Department
- Doha College Staff
- Planning and delivery of fitness training sessions, including programme design, fitness testing, health appraisals and a range of group classes for adults and juniors.
- Lead energising, fun, safe and educational group classes to accomplish the Evo mission and goals.
- Support the Evo Sports departments through the planning and delivery of fitness coaching sessions across the age ranges and sports within the academy.
- Create welcoming class environments for all fitness levels and encourage and motivate members.
- Answer questions from participants to support them in achieving their healthy living and wellness goals.
- Keep accurate class attendance records and manage class bookings.
- Maintain all fitness equipment, rooms and report any defects or damages to the Head Coach.
- Attend required training, workshops, and staff meetings.
- Monitor the gym floor when on open gym duty and aid members when and where required.
- To deliver Community outreach initiatives as directed by the Head Coach.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job as directed by the Head of Coaching, Sporting Director or Evo Academy Manager.
- Certificate in gym instructing Level 2 (REPs recognised)
- Certificate in personal training Level 3 (REPs recognised)
- Group exercise instructing Level 2 qualification
- Cross-Fit Level 1
- Certificate in gym instructing and personal training Level 3 (REPs recognised)
- Cross-Fit Level 2
- Fitness Related Degree
- IOS Level 2 (ASA) Swim teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Sports Coaching qualification
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in leading group fitness sessions for adults in a variety of formats.
- Experience in delivering Cross-Fit programmes.
- Experience in coaching young people below 18 years old within a school or sports academy setting.
- Excellent coaching capabilities and be able to lead by example.
- Ability to lead group fitness sessions in a variety of formats.
- Ability to deliver fitness coaching sessions to adults and young people aged 18 years and below.
- Ability to network and develop excellent relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to effectively manage members, and staff relationships.
- Ability to plan, deliver, develop, and monitor fitness sessions to a high standard.
- Ability to be able to deliver fun, structured coaching sessions of a high quality and provide a fun and engaging learning environment for all.
- Computer literate (with excellent abilities on Word, Excel and ideally Database knowledge and application)
- High levels of customer service; promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with a variety of people at all levels in a courteous and professional manner.
- An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change and be solution orientated.
- Experience of working as a personal trainer and developing individualised fitness programmes.
- Experience of working in a commercial gym.
- Good understanding of the education sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the fitness landscape in Qatar.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to Piero Carrino at Sport Careers Agency:
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Evolution Sports Qatar is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.