St Mirren FC
Paisley, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Analyst/Coach|
|Location||Paisley, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Flexible|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
All training sessions and home matches will be downloaded onto the cloud storage through spiideo analysis portal. Away matches must be requested from opposition and uploaded accordingly.
Take place at St Mirren Academy Training Centre in Ralston for U13 - 18s, Younger age groups will conduct most of their sessions at other venues in the Paisley area (S.T.C). Home match venue will be Academy training centre.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS: ANALYST
- Previous analysis experience in professional football, particularly within a CAS Elite Academy.
- Proficient in the use of modern analysis technology to assist the following: record and tag academy matches played at home. Working to quick deadlines to provide match day analysis and feedback to coaches/players through an analysis tool.
- Experience of telestration techniques and software platforms such as Coach Paint, Keyframe, Metrica Sports or Similar.
- Have a knowledge of sharing platforms i.e., google classrooms, Microsoft teams. Have a knowledge of analysis/video editing software. Have a knowledge of presentation software i.e., PowerPoint, keynote.
- Can work with and lead a team of analyst interns and provide a platform for their learning whilst making sure they provide the required analysis/data through our academy KPI structure.
- Flexible working from home and from training ground depending on requirements of the job. Which may include unsociable hours.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS: COACH
- Previous coaching experience in professional youth development, particularly within a CAS Elite Academy.
- Has the capabilities to design, deliver, and reflect on coaching sessions for all age levels within the Academy.
- Has the versatility to adapt and change coaching sessions to suit a change in player training numbers.
- Utilises modern teaching/coaching methods to assist in the development and progression of the players.
- Complete administrative tasks within the time frames set by Academy management.
Ability to plan and prepare coaching sessions in advance that are in line with the Academy curriculum and game model objectives.
- Be planned and prepared in advance for match day including: Kit, equipment, team lines, set pieces, team & Individual targets, liaise with Head of Phase regarding squad numbers and match day team selection, injuries etc.
- Responsible for laying out and putting away all training equipment required during training sessions & matches.
- Responsible for leaving pitch area and changing facilities clean and tidy after every session and match.
- Provides feedback and information to academy management that contributes the release or resigning of players.
- Proficient in the use of modern technology to assist the following: design and submit session plans using a coaching session design software of their choice, Liaise with players and parents through zoom, skype etc, deliver match day analysis and feedback to players through an analysis tool. Have a knowledge of sharing platforms i.e. google classrooms, Microsoft teams.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the Academy
strategies, curriculum and technical plan. This includes the proposal of ideas to implement change and improve all areas both on and off the pitch.
- Work closely with the Sports Science & Medicine and Education & Welfare Department to ensure that a players technical and physical development and wellbeing are given equal accord in the holistic development of the player.
- Be a role model and promote the club/academy, promote good practice through professionalism and respect towards players and staff of both our academy and opposition.
- Adhere to the Academy's Code of Conduct for coaches and all other applicable Club policies, including Health & Safety, Child Protection and Social Media, at all times,
ensure the players are aware of what is expected of them at all times.
- Be adaptable to change, working with different squads when required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ANALYSIS:
Qualifications (Essential) Can be working towards (time frame):
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline
PERSON SPECIFICATION COACHING
Qualifications (Essential) Can be working towards (time frame): One of the following:
- UEFA A License
- UEFA Elite Youth A License
- Scottish FA Advanced Children's License
- (Desirable)Degree Level qualification in coaching or talent development-related theme.
Contract - Yearly
Hours - 18 hours per week:
Approx. 6 hours coaching per week, working with various age groups which may include training/matchday.
Approx. 12 hours to organise, record, tag, cut, upload & present footage required for all academy teams (in tandem with analyst interns).
Salary - T.B.C
Line manager - Academy manager & Head of coaching
Management - Head of Children's, Head of Youth, Head of professional game, Head of Science and medicine.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
St Mirren FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.