Foundation Phase Coach U7 – U10
Cardiff City FC
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Foundation Phase Coach U7 – U10|
|Location||Cardiff, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Cardiff City Academy is an integral part of the Club's vision. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Cardiff City Academy Coaching Department.
We are now seeking part-time coaches who will play a pivotal role in providing our schoolboy players with an excellent grounding in skill development in line with the academy coaching curriculum and vision. The successful candidate will be provided with support in their professional development by the Foundation Phase Lead staff and Head of Coaching.
- The successful candidate will work with either the pre-academy (U7 & U8) or academy age group (U9 & U10). You will be expected to plan, deliver, and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the club's coaching framework.
- Matchday coaching will be a fundamental aspect of the role.
- The candidate will be expected to provide individual support to players, delivering individual learning plans and maintaining records on the clubs PMA (Performance Management System), ensuring standards are met to comply with the EPPP category 2 guidelines. Facilitating a holistic learning environment with a player centred approach is essential.
- Please note that candidates will be required to work during evenings and weekends.
- To follow and implement the Academy playing and coaching philosophy whilst contributing to its evolution.
- To ensure a thorough working knowledge of the content and functions of the Academy performance plan.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary support team involving, but not restricted to, head of player development, performance analysts, sports scientists, physiotherapists, psychologists, operational and administrative staff.
- To help develop IDP for the players within the age groups and execute, monitor, and review the delivery of such programs.
- To ensure player safeguarding is always the primary consideration in all players activities.
- To attend staff meetings as and when required (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
- To maintain a current and up to date status with all work and communication involving the performance management application (including coaching sessions, game details and all aspects of the individual learning plans (ILP's).
- To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Cardiff City Football Club and its operation
- To be always presentable when working and demonstrate that you can represent the face of the club in the manner expected.
- To maintain Cardiff City Football Club's Safeguarding, Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures and practice.
- To act in a manner that always supports the Club's Vision and Values.
- Any other task deemed relevant and appropriate by the Academy Manager.
- UEFA B Licence (or on the course)
- FA Youth Award (modules 1, 2 and 3)
- EFAiF Aid,
- Valid Enhanced Level DBS Certificate,
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Cardiff City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.