National Teams Assistant Manager
Football Federation Australia
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||National Teams Assistant Manager|
|Location||Sydney, Australia, Australia (Oceania)|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Flexible|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain consistent high-performance team program design and implementation.
- Contribute and promote the relationship with AIS on the operational performance planning process under the technical direction of the Technical Manager/Senior Coach.
- Act as a primary point of contact for program partners and other stakeholders by ensuring a culture of fostering effective, internal and external collaborative partnerships.
- Provide an effective point of liaison, communication and coordination between the Team Managers and all other Service providers for National teams.
- Liaise with Football Australia's Commercial Department to identify opportunities to unlock revenue to drive National Team activity.
- Provide support and leadership for all operational team matters including but not limited to flights, hotel accommodation, meals, on-ground transfers, equipment, match kits, scheduling, appointments and meetings.
- Understand and comply with regulations in relation to the release of players from their club responsibilities to engage in National Team programs.
- Working through complex issues in crisis management to ensure values based outcomes.
- Where and when necessary, play a supporting role in the recruitment of team staff, to ensure all agreements are executed accordinglyIdentification of 'off-field' talent across the football ecosystem for the purpose of departmental support at 'high volume' activity periods for the department and succession planning across the team when required.
- Develop COVID-19 Policies & practices in consultation with Head of Medical, Legal and Government guidelines both locally and overseas. In addition, ensuring all relevant National Team staff are trained and briefed on these protocols.
- In collaboration with other departments, manage breaches of COVID-19 and ensure remedial action is implemented.
- Lead and manage any player, coach and staff complaints through an agreed Football Australia dispute resolution process.
- Assist in the forecast and management of the National Team budgets while ensuring expenditure remains aligned with approved amounts.
- Manage the invoicing process for accounts receivable and payable for all National team staff, contractor staff and other service providers.
- Pursue other revenues for funding for National Team activity.
- Scope and develop a National Team Internship Program.
- Assist in ensuring that all partnership, marketing campaigns and stakeholder communications align with player led brand expectations and behaviours.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate excellent network-building and relationship management capabilities.
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills with the ability to creatively think through complex challenges and provide practical solutions and outcomes.
- Understanding and respectful of other cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with proven ability to develop policy documents and reports.
- Outstanding budgetary management experience and skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the objectives and principles relating to elite player communication, management, development and preparation.
- Demonstrated experience and participation at international sporting tournaments and/or competitions.
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively with a positive outcome or solution.
- Maintain composure when under-pressure or placed in a high-risk situation.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to plan strategically and methodically.
- Relevant working rights within Australia.
- Flexibility as out of hours, weekend and evening work will be required alongside international, interstate and intrastate travel.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Football Federation Australia is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.