Lead U23 Coach
Sheffield United FC
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lead U23 Coach|
|Location||Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Sheffield United are looking for a coach who has a passion for development, that has a deep understanding of the game and is able to pass that on to the players, we would like someone who is naturally competitive and can enhance that trait within our players.
We would like candidates to have a proven track record of player development and have experience of First Team football either as a coach or a player. We would like somebody who can thrive in a team environment and that has good human qualities to help guide our players on and off the pitch. The successful applicant will be required to lead on all aspects of the U23 team programme.
Liaison with the First Team and Professional Development Phase staff is essential. As part of the role, the job holder will be expected to provide feedback to players both through individual meetings and reviews and be able to help players with their own individual development (ILP's).
- Implementation of a coaching programme encompassing both day-to-day coaching and week-to-week fixtures to underpin the football development programme for all players in the U23s team.
- To manage the U23 team match fixture programme and leadership of the team in fixtures along with the PDP staff. To be responsible for implementation of a Club developed team style of play.
- Participate as required in the delivery of coaching and training sessions for players other than the U23 squad.
- Ensure appropriate communication of schedule (times/dates) at which specific elements of the coaching programme and match day programme will be delivered (and any amendments to this schedule).
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards, practices and procedures for the safe and effective operation of your allocated squad and the professional conduct of all participating personnel and players.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive and up-to date records of players within your allocated squad (including but not confined to records of attendance, development activities undertaken on particular dates and assessments of individuals' capabilities, development needs, attitude and application). You will provide copies of these records in such form as may be required for administrative purposes.
- Liaise with the medical team regarding the fitness and treatment of players within your squad. You will be responsible for ensuring that the physiological and psychological wellbeing of the players within your squad is maintained.
- Liaise with the Head of Education in the development of a post-scholarship education programme and subsequent work to ensure the delivery of the Academic/Vocational provision to players as required.
- Liaise with the Head of Sports Science and department members for the implementation of all Sports Science programmes with all players in the U23 squad.
- Provide such verbal and / or written reports as required concerning individual players' capabilities and development needs and the capabilities and needs of groups of players (within the U23 age-group) as a whole (e.g. by age, position).
participate as required in the creation of both group and individual coaching programmes appropriate to the development requirements of the players. This will be done via the coaching forum.
- Make recommendations regarding the recruitment / retention or otherwise of youth players in the U18-U23 age group through the recruitment forum and in cooperation with the Head of Academy, Head of Recruitment and Head of Academy Recruitment
- Aid the transition of players from Scholarship to First team football by working with players and staff from the Academy and First Team.
- Undertake miscellaneous administrative tasks relating to the Club's Youth Development activities.
- You may be required to attend Academy Management Forums as requested by the Head of Academy.
- Act and behave at all times to project a proper professional image of Sheffield United Football Club and act in the best interests of the Club.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- UEFA A Licence.
- FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover safeguarding and first aid).
- Experience of and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite youth players and/or coaches.
- Track record of producing high performing youth players who have reached 1st team level.
- An enhanced criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with Club staff at all levels including First team.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum learning environments for players.
- Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football.
- Empathy and commitment to the long-term development of the game.
- Strong existing relationships within the Academy network.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sheffield United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.