First Team Performance Analyst
Glasgow City FC
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||First Team Performance Analyst|
|Location||Glasgow, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Performance Analysis|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
First Team Performance Analyst
First Team Head Coach
Full time (approx. 40 hours)
Pattern of work:
Flexible and in line with the requirements of the job. You will be required to work weekends and some evenings, depending on match and training requirements.
The delivery of high-level performance analysis for the first team staff and players to support technical development, match analysis, sport science and player recruitment.
Main Purpose of Job
To lead on all performance analysis requirements of the Glasgow City first team to enhance football skill and development and to improve individual and team performance.
- To film and capture games, training and other educational content and to code as required supporting team, unit and individual player requirements.
- To undertake technical and tactical profiling of players and to help develop a database for the tracking and benchmarking of players.
- To analyse player development through training/match footage to assist in individual player development plans.
- To create dossiers for upcoming opposition teams, including appropriate coding and editing of footage, with relevant statistical breakdowns to present to the technical coaching team.
- To work with the sport science team to maximise the use of technical and physical data from training and matches to present to the technical coaching team. This includes working with the Playermaker system.
- To gather and analyse data to develop insights for player development, opposition analysis and talent ID.
- To develop ways to feedback data insights in a manner that informs all stakeholders including technical staff, players and board members.
- To undertake any other duties as seen appropriate by the First Team Head Coach.
- To work with the Glasgow City Academy as required leading in-service performance analysis events.
- Excellent communicator.
- Highly creative and open minded.
- Proactive with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong team player, who values trust, openness and honesty.
- Able to thrive in a competitive and demanding environment.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualified in Performance Analysis or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of analysis software, preferably Hudl and Wyscout.
- Skilled videographer, ability to film training and matches for analysis purposes.
- Creative Microsoft and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with telestration software to aid tactical and technical analysis.
- Up to date knowledge on performance analysis trends and developments, particularly those in the women's game.
- High-level knowledge of football tactics, games management and talent ID.
- Relevant qualification or a good understanding of the structures and methods of sports science
- UEFA Coaching badges
- Knowledge of statistical and data analysis
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Glasgow City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.