Professional Football Player
- Date Joined: 12th May 2016
In 2009, Chris moved to Welsh Championship side Cardiff, where he shrugged off his reputation in Scotland as an injury prone player and became the model for consistency. Overall, Chris scored 16 goals in 121 appearances for Cardiff, and was an integral part of a side that made consecutive appearances in the Championship play-offs.
Chris signed for Birmingham City in 2011, and again proved himself to be a crucial member of his team. Becoming a team and fan favourite after being a part of another impressive Championship campaign that led to the play-offs, Chris starred in Birmingham’s first European football in 50 years and overall made 155 appearances for the club, scoring 28 goals.
Chris joined Nottingham Forest in 2014, where he scored 6 goals in 50 appearances before joining fellow Championship side Rotherham United on loan for the latter stages of the 2015/16 season. Burke scored twice in 5 games at Rotherham to help the club avoid relegation.
Rotherham United FC
2016 – Present
Nottingham Forest FC
2014 – 2016
Birmingham City FC
2011 – 2014
2006 – 2014
Cardiff City FC
2009 – 2011
2001 – 2009
- Won the 2004/05 SPL title and 2007/08 Scottish Cup and League Cup double with Rangers
- Achieved three consecutive 4th place finishes and Championship play-off appearances between 2009 and 2012, playing in the 2009/10 Championship play-off final for Cardiff at a sold out Wembley Stadium
- Winner of Birmingham’s 2011/12 Player, Players’ Player and Junior Blues’ Player of the Year awards after scoring 14 goals and making 19 assists
- Part of the Rangers team that became the first Scottish club to qualify for the UEFA Champuons League knockout stages and then reached the 2007/08 UEFA Cup final two seasons later
- Made a combined 257 appearances in all competitions across five seasons for Cardiff and then Birmingham
- Played in every match of Birmingham’s 2011/12 Europa League campaign as the team earned 10 points in the group stages
- Scored two goals on his Scotland debut in May 2006
- Won the 2006 Kirin Cup
- Earned a place in Gordon Strachan’s inaugural Scotland squad in January 2013 after impressing in the Championship and Europa League