Experienced Football Agent, Manager & Talent Scout
- Date Joined: 23rd September 2016
A league title and European Cup winner with Liverpool, David initially made the transition into football agency and talent identification - unearthing a number of talented young players that helped both his own and other businesses exceed £3 million in revenue.
Combined with these roles, he has also assumed control of Darlington FC on three separate occasions as First Team Manager - not only repeatedly securing the club’s League Two status under strict financial restrictions, but also generating critical funds through the development and re-sale of several free signings taking the club to 2 playoff finals and 2 top eight finishes.
David was head of player identification for BaseSoccer one the worlds leading sports agencies during 8 years David identified (SUB 15/17/20 ) 72 players (71) Playing within the highest leagues of there respective countries (39) Transferred to European Clubs (13) Played in 2018 WorldCup.
Alongside the global experience gained across a number of other roles, David offers a highly knowledgeable, commercially astute and tactically innovative point of leadership to a club or football organisation seeking forward thinking direction.
Football Agent & Talent Scout
2009 – Present
Norwich City FC
2014 – 2015
2008 – 2011
BHP Law LLP
Director of Sport
2006 – 2009
2002 – 2006
Football Agent & Talent Scout
2000 – 2002
1996 – 2000
Preston North End FC
1998 – 1999
1995 – 1995
Owner & Football Agent
1992 – 1995
- Played a critical role in Barnsley’s signing of seven overseas players for a combined £450,000 over a three year period in which they reached the 2007/08 FA Cup semi-finals and maintained their Championship status
- Grew the BHP Law sports division from initial concept through to securing 15 players and receiving in excess of £1.6million in commission within three years
- Achieved the highest commissions within Base Soccer before moving to Argentina for nine months - in this time identifying players such as Daniel Alves, Diego Milito, Gabriel Milito, Daniel Carvalho and Maxi Lopez at youth tournaments
- Built self-owned company Eurosports Connections to be a more than £1million turnover business within three years
- Led Darlington to 2 Playoff Finals 1995/96 1999/2000 with additional 2 top 8 finnishes
- Generated significant revenue for Darlington through the development and sale of players such as Sean Greagan, Robbie Blake, David Preece, Jason Devos and David Stockdale
- Won three League Two Manager of the Month awards at Darlington Named in top 25 North East Managers of all time
- Won the 1982/83 and 1983/84 First Division titles and League Cups as a Liverpool player to seal consecutive domestic doubles
- Won the 1983/84 European Cup with Liverpool against AS Roma
- Worked for Basesoccer 8 years in SouthAmerica role was to identify Sub15/17/20 players 72 players selected 71 going onto playing highest level in there respective countries 39 Transferred to clubs in Europe 13 going onto play in WC 2018