- Date Joined: 17th April 2021
As a forward-thinking and innovative Head Coach and Director of Coaching, I have constructed a strong portfolio of achievements and experience in diverse roles in Scotland, the United States of America and India.
I possess a proven track record in coaching, player development and talent identification and I have made a tangible impact on sporting organisations on-field success, despite financial constraints and operating in the most challenging environments.
Iain Vigurs: Picked up from Albion BC and played for Elgin City FC at 15-years-old. Has played for Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, Motherwell FC and Ross County FC in Scottish Premiership.
Donny Toia: Switched Toia from striker to left-back at Phoenix FC Wolves. Sold to Chivas USA in MLS. Also represented Montreal Impact, Orlando City and Real Salt Lake in the MLS.
Abash Thapa: Joined Real Kashmir FC after trial. Coached and developed and then sold to Pune City in Indian Super League.
Surchandra Singh: Developed into wide-right midfielder. Sold to Indian Super League outfit Mumbai City.
Ritwik Kumar: Developed at Real Kashmir FC after impressing on trial. Now sought after by all major Indian clubs.
Key Managers Worked Under:
Played and worked under some of the most iconic and respected managers in British football and utilised their advice and guidance to shape own coaching methods and strategies towards player development.
Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen FC
George Graham: Leeds United FC
Walter Smith: Rangers FC
David O’Leary: Leeds United FC
I have completed case studies on Real Madrid CF, PSV Eindhoven, Rangers FC, Royal Spanish Football Federation and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Available upon request from Walter Smith: Former Manager, Rangers FC & Jim Fleeting: Former
Director of Football Development, Scottish FA
Real Kashmir FC
2017 – Present
Phoenix FC Wolves
2012 – 2012
Sereno Soccer Club
Executive Director/Director of Coaching
2008 – 2017
2006 – 2007
Elgin City FC
2003 – 2005
2002 – 2005
Leeds United FC
1997 – 2001
1992 – 1994
1991 – 1997
1986 – 1991
- Real Kashmir FC: Won first major tournament, beating George Telegraph 2-1, in IFA Shield final 2020
- Real Kashmir FC: Named AIFF Coach of the Year 2018
- Real Kashmir FC: Increased support from 500 to average of 26,000 and included local community in team’s success
- Real Kashmir FC: Finished third in first ever season in I-League despite operating with the lowest budget in the top-flight
- Real Kashmir FC: 2017/18 I-League 2nd Division champions after going through league campaign undefeated
- Sereno Soccer Club: Well managed and executed expansion plan saw playing numbers increase ten-fold from 350 to 3,500
- Sereno Soccer Club: ASYA Coach of the Year and USYS Coach of the Year
- Phoenix FC Wolves: Ensured players remained motivated and performing on the park despite not being paid due to executive mismanagement of the club and losing their primary stadium
- Elgin City FC: Guided Elgin City FC to sixth place finish in Scottish Third Division in 2004/05, then the club’s highest ever league finish
- Won three Scottish League Cups with Rangers FC
- Won three Scottish Cups with Rangers FC
- Won one Scottish Cup with Aberdeen FC
- Represented Scotland at every level and made senior debut against Northern Ireland in February 1992
- Won one Scottish League Cup with Aberdeen FC
- Played over 30 games in the UEFA Champions League
- Six Scottish Premier League titles with Rangers FC