Head Coach Premier League
- Date Joined: 30th August 2016
After a playing career at the highest levels (17 years in the English PL, Eredivisie - Dutch PL & Jupiler Pro League - Belgium PL), I have spent the last 20 years across numerous roles in a professional football club:
Assistant Coach, Head Coach, Technical Director, Academy Director and Performance Director.
Throughout my years I have developed expertise in developing players and club structures. In all my clubs, I have introduced new technologies, coached the coaches & staff and changed working procedures from top to bottom, resulting in better player development, greater number of players promoted to senior teams while creating great amount of new U-21/full internationals, and ending in surprising results and great selling records.
While pushing for new high standards and demanding a lot from all professionals in the club – players to technical & support staff, I have always put the players in the front: at the end of the day, we do it for them. I believe that better coaches create better players, and better players create better teams, hence every person in the club must work towards that goal.
With that philosophy, I’ve successfully managed to create great revenues for the clubs I’ve worked in, lastly Maccabi Netanya, where in a single year we’ve created net revenue of € 3m.
Diploma in Club Management
Football Academy Management
MSc Football Business
Maccabi Netanya Footbal Club
Head Coach - Football Dept Manager
2020 – 2021
Beitar Tel Aviv Bat Yam
2019 – 2020
Maccabi Tel Aviv
Assistant Performance Director (Head of Coaching)
2016 – 2020
FC Kairat Almaty
Academy Director U14 - U19
2013 – 2016
FC Banants Yerevan
Senior Academy Head Coach (Head of Coaching)
2012 – 2013
Head Coach / Academy Director
2011 – 2012
Ado Den Haag
Head Coach / Manager
2009 – 2010
Head Coach / Manager
2007 – 2008
Bristol City FC
1992 – 1993
West Ham United FC
1992 – 1992
1989 – 1992
Appearances: 52 · Goals: 1
- Finished 7th in the Premier League with 2nd lowest budget and the youngest team in the league according to Football CIES (2020-2021).
- Sold 3 players within 1yr of my arrival for over € 3 million in total, of which 2 to Belgium.
- Responsible for the development of 5 players to reach the Israeli national Team and numerous new U21 call ups.
- Joint responsible for the 1st ever B-team in Israeli Football and solely responsible for the Elite project (2018-2020).
- Responsible for bringing 12 players to Premier League clubs as a Head Coach of talent team Beitar Tel Aviv Bat Yam, (18-22yr olds) in 1st division.
- Becoming champions with 5 teams, record breaking, while being Ass. Performance Director (Head of Coaching) at Maccabi Tel Aviv FC.
- Voted 3 times in a row the best Academy while being an Academy Director U14-19 at FC Kairat Almaty.
- Implemented football philosophy as Academy Director in AEL Limassol Academy, which resulted in 300% more international call ups for AEL players.
- Youngest coach in 2007-2008 KNVB Cup final (Dutch FA) with Roda JC (0-2 to Feyenoord Rotterdam).