- Date Joined: 13th April 2021
I am proficient in outlining visions for sporting organisations and implementing effective strategies and best practice techniques to fulfil these objectives and ensure continued progression of sporting projects.
As a forward-thinking professional, I am accomplished in project managing programmes and adept at procuring funding and sponsorship to facilitate these through utilising my negotiating skillset and collaborative working with key stakeholders.
I have devised and developed strong working relationships with leading sporting associations and organisations, sports media outlets and senior politicians to expediate the implementation of multi-million-pound sporting projects.
I am a dedicated and driven individual who successfully scaled the summit of Mount Everest in 2012 and I have utilised my experience to deliver key note speeches at events nationally and internationally on mental toughness, resilience and problem solving.
Key Skills & Competencies:
Leadership: Proficient in leading organisations and departments, highly experienced in guiding colleagues and staff to enhance their development and ensure they perform at the optimum level to facilitate continued progression of business operations.
Project Management: Proven track record in the delivery of multi-million-pound projects in sport and education within set technical, time and performance parameters, utilising different methodologies to the highest standards of excellence.
Communication: Highly adept at leading communication and marketing strategies, utilising contract network to gain national and local media exposure, displays strong interpersonal skills to liaise with colleagues, partners and key stakeholders.
Planning & Organisation: During professional career has successfully demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities to drive business objectives through planning and prioritising a demanding workload.
Contact Network: Amassed an extensive contact network within the UK and globally, including United Arab Emirates, Bermuda and China, as well as senior executives within the Football Association, Premier League, Sport England and UK Government.
Analytical Thinking & Problem-Solving: A clear thinker, able to analyse a situation and process information quickly in order to develop logical solutions. Possesses ability to anticipate problems and remain open and flexible to unearth solutions.
“A passionate and articulate presenter, Stuart has developed a number of strategies to increase investment into women and girls’ football across the region. A keen commercial thinker, Stuart is comfortable reporting and presenting to high profile leaders within the game and I look forward to continuing our professional relationship.” - Baroness Sue Campbell: Director of Women’s and Girl’s Football, The Football Association
“Stuart’s expert knowledge of partnership working has brought about a new national programme soon to be implemented by the LMA and delivered by his team utilising his operational and account management expertise. We look forward to working with him well into the future.” - Richard Bevan: Chief Executive Officer, League Managers Association
“Stuart is an articulate and confident presenter and negotiator. Our partnership has been long lasting and our dedicated investment has been managed expertly by Stuart and his team.” - Sean Humphreys: Chief Operating Officer, MBNA
Areas of Expertise:
• Leadership • Project Management • Communication • Contact Network • Planning & Organisation
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuart-manifould-772388112/edit/about/
Chester Standard - https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/17477390.west-cheshire-chosen-site-proposed-world-class-football-facility/
Cheshire Live - https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/multi-million-pound-football-centre-15929290
Winsford and Middlewich Guardian - https://www.winsfordguardian.co.uk/news/17477951.world-class-football-facility-most-exciting-project-anyone-ever-proposed-winsford-say-councillors/
The Royal Gazette - https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/article/20200305/goater-to-launch-uk-academy/
Manchester Evening News - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/menswear-brand-marc-darcy-boosted-13909808
BBC Sport - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44126714
Place North West - https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/winsford-chosen-for-70m-cheshire-fa-football-village/
The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2015/may/06/top-five-apps-pe-teachers
Alice Sholl - https://alicesholl.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/sport-tech.pdf
In Touch Wythenshawe - http://www.intouchwythenshawe.co.uk/news/26/first-past-the-post-for-wythenshawe
Leeds Metropolitan University
BA (Hons) Physical Education with QTS
North Cestrian Grammar School
AS-Level & A-Level Qualifications
The Emerge Foundation
Founder and Trustee
2020 – Present
Cheshire Football Centre
2020 – Present
Cheshire Football Centre
2019 – 2020
Shaun Goater International Academy
Lead Consultant - Education
2019 – Present
Cheshire Football Association
Chief Operating Officer
2017 – 2019
SGM Sport Limited
2017 – Present
Manchester Enterprise Academy
Director of Sport
2014 – 2016
Manchester Enterprise Academy
Pastoral Strategy Leader
2013 – 2014
- Cheshire Football Centre: Successfully negotiated £55 million finance package for proposed capital investment scheme
- Cheshire Football Centre: Met with the Prime Minister the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, along with the Rt Hon Edward Timpson MP, to secure HM Government support for the scheme
- Cheshire Football Centre: Secured letters of intent from major organisations, including Everton FC, League Managers Association, Cheshire West and Chester Council and converted letters of intent to commercial partnerships with League Managers Association
- Cheshire Football Centre: Procured development partner; ION Developments, and collaborated to produce site masterplan
- Cheshire Football Centre: Organised and coordinated successful media launch; including Sky Sports News, BBC and ITV
- Cheshire Football Centre: Coordinated and delivered major funding applications to Sport England and The Football Foundation
- Cheshire Football Centre: Secured partnerships with major sporting bodies in United Arab Emirates and China
- Successfully brokered partnership with Knutsford Academy to host the Shaun Goater International Academy
- Shaun Goater International Academy: Controlled PR launch in Bermuda for the first ten participants on the programme; £300,000 value
- SGM Sport Limited: Successfully launched business from concept to inception start-up and secured a number of high-profile clients
- SGM Sport Limited: Established prominent reputation within this sector, SGM Sport Limited is now widely recognised as the ‘go to’ consultancy for Physical Education and School Sport policy and design for non-UK market
- Cheshire Football Association: Increased commercial revenue from 8% of total revenue to in excess of 40% inside 12 months
- Cheshire Football Association: Secured over £11 million in attributed revenue from successful grant applications and commercial partnerships
- Cheshire Football Association: Won the Football Association Innovation Award from commercial partnerships
- Cheshire Football Association: Successfully secured key investment and partnerships that led to the trebling of female participation in football in Cheshire
- Cheshire Football Association: Project founded and managed the association’s Vision 20/20 scheme, an ambitious project to deliver a luxury hotel, spa, sports medical centre, including hydro-therapy, and a 3,000-capacity stadium
- Cheshire Football Association: Planned and delivered unique partnership with MBNA and became the first County Football Association to procure a deal of this kind, securing over £75,000 investment, which equated to almost 10% of turnover, for the Cheshi
- Cheshire Football Association: Developed and implemented new affiliate programme, forging partnerships with leading organisations including MyProtein, Vision Direct, Manchester City FC, MBNA, Mankind, Saga